U.S. health officials say there’s been a “breakthrough” in the search for the cause of the vaping-related lung outbreak. Officials from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention announced Friday they found the same chemical compound in the lungs of 29 patients.
The compound, called Vitamin E acetate, is found in the liquid from electronic cigarettes and other vaping devices. CDC says Vitamin E is the “very strong culprit” behind the outbreak.
CDC continues to recommend people not to use e-cigarettes or products that contain THC, especially from informal sources like friends, family, or in-person or online dealers.
Click here for more information.