Every Wednesday morning 44News Morning Anchor Melissa Schroeder does a segment called “Parenting Project”.
This morning she spoke with Carman Norrick an Infant Toddler Specialist with 4 C’s.
She talked about SIDS awareness. Norrick also gave six ways to reduce the risk of SIDS.
1. Always place babies on their backs to sleep.
2. Use a firm sleep surface, covered by a tight fitted sheet.
3. Don’t overheat babies. 65-70 F is the perfect temperature range for an infant’s room.
4. Have the baby to share your room, not your bed.
5. Keep soft objects, such as pillows and loose bedding out of your baby’s sleep area.
6. Do not smoke during pregnancy or around the baby.